Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Any Retro-Guys here?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner SBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    2,279
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Any Retro-Guys here?

    The Retro-Guy Code:
    * A Retro-Guy, no matter what the women insists, pays for the date.
    * A Retro-Guy DEALS with IT--be it a flat tire, a burglar, or a natural disaster, you DEAL WITH IT.
    * A Retro-Guy not only eats red meat, he often kills it himself.
    * A Retro-Guy should know how to properly kill stuff (or people) if need be. This falls under the "DEALING WITH IT" portion of The Code.
    * A Retro-Guy is allowed to seek professional help for major mental stress such as drug/alcohol addiction, death of your entire family in a freak tree chipper accident, favorite bird dog expiring, etc. You are NOT allowed to see a shrink because Daddy didn't pay enough attention to you. Daddy was busy DEALING WITH IT.
    * A Retro-Guy should have at least one good wound he can brag about.
    * A Retro-Guy knows that owning a gun is NOT a sign you're riddled with fear. Guns are TOOLS: See "DEALING WITH IT."
    * When a Retro-Guy is on a crowded bus and ANY woman gets on, that Retro-Guy stands up and offers his seat to that woman, then looks around at the other so-called men still in their seats with a disgusted look on his face.
    * A Retro-Guy will also give up his seat to any elderly person or person in military dress, except officers above second lieutenant. (NOTE: The person in military dress may turn down the offer but the Retro-Guy will ALWAYS make the offer to them and thank them for serving their country.)
    * A Retro-Guy knows how to say the Pledge properly, and the words to the Star Spangled Banner.
    * A Retro-Guy sharpens his own knives and knows how to use tools.
    * A Retro-Guy owns tools, usually lots of 'em.
    * A Retro-Guy doesn't need a contract--a handshake is good enough.
    * A Retro-Guy will take care of his neighbor's yard when said neighbor is deployed overseas on military duty.
    * A Retro-Guy doesn't immediately look to sue someone when he does something stupid and hurts himself. We understand sometimes--in the process of doing things--we get hurt and just DEAL WITH IT.
    [LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Any Retro-Guys here?

    Retro? Thats being a man. Use to be anyways
    GO VOLS

  3. #3
    Inactive Member ut1's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 9th, 2001
    Posts
    89
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Any Retro-Guys here?

    That's what I thought. I'm glad my dad is a "retro-man" that taught me to be a retro-man so that I could teach my son to be a retro-man!
    Winners never quit, and quitters never win.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member LPDfanincarolina's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2002
    Posts
    250
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Any Retro-Guys here?

    UT1, you know who I am, where and how I grew up. I know you are a retro man just as you know that I am also. to this day I live by that code and I am teaching my children to be just like dad.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Any Retro-Guys here?

    Good thread. Nothing at all with being a retro-man.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Sportsman*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    March 1st, 2003
    Posts
    269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Any Retro-Guys here?

    I prefer the term "old-school".

  7. #7
    Inactive Member ut1's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 9th, 2001
    Posts
    89
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Any Retro-Guys here?

    Quote Originally Posted by LPDfanincarolina View Post
    UT1, you know who I am, where and how I grew up. I know you are a retro man just as you know that I am also. to this day I live by that code and I am teaching my children to be just like dad.

    The thing I miss most nowadays is common every day courtesy. Don't see it much from today's generation, but I blame that on the MEN that should have taught them better!
    Winners never quit, and quitters never win.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Any Retro-Guys here?

    I blame it on the "wussification" of society in general..
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •